Spearfishing at Sea Dogs is second to none! Daytona Beach is host to some of the greatest Spearfishing in Florida! Just check out some of the fantastic photos on the right. Sea Dogs also has everything you need in stock.
AVAILABLE AT SEA DOGS ...
|We also carry
- Pole Spears
- Hawaiian Slings
- Points & Tips
- Power Heads
- Tubing, Bands, Cord & Cable
- Replacement parts
ALL MUST BE COMPLETED AND CORRECT PRIOR TO
SPEARFISHING ABOARD SEA DOG DIVER ... (Click here to download a PDF)
1. Where is the proper place to
load and unload your speargun?
- On the boat before you enter the water.
- On the descent and at the safety stop.
- On the bottom after adjusting buoyancy.
2. What is the safest way to carry
your gun underwater?
- With the safety “ON” and pointed away from yourself and
- Under your arm and pointed to the side.
- Between your legs pointed at your feet away from your head.
3. When should you fire your
- As quickly as possible when you see a nice fish.
- When you identify your target and what is behind it.
- Under the ledge at a lobster as long as you know it is a
4. Good etiquette for a spear
fisherman around other divers is…
- Be careful to not stir up the bottom when dealing with your
- Do not get too close to other divers who are not familiar
- All the above.
5. Which group of fish is legal to
take spearfishing in Florida waters?
- Flounder, Sheephead, Amberjack, Cobia, Porgy
- Snook, Goliath grouper, Nassau grouper
- Queen Angels, Porcupine
6. What is the best way to know
the legal size and bag limits?
- Ask the Divemaster or Captain.
- Obtain a list from the Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC)
- Ask someone you know who has been before.
7. When is it OK to use a
Powerhead on the Sea Dog Diver?
- When in Federal waters 3 miles out to sea.
- When you are properly trained in its use.
8. When is it a good idea to go
into decompression when hunting aboard the Sea Dog Diver?
- It is not allowed due to the complex and advanced
- If you see a big fish when your no decompression. time is
- When you have not shot anything yet and still want to look
9. What is the best use of the
buddy system when spearfishing?
- Its not useful at all, buddies just get in the way.
- Always dive with a buddy and discuss your plans before the
- Buddies are only good to carry the game bag for you.
10. Who is responsible for your
actions as a spear fisherman?
Its you….signing here will acknowledge that fact